Sunday, April 10, 2011

Friend in need is a friend indeed .. Oh really ??

As the sunlight slowly faded away
The city lights flickered on, one by one
Illuminating everything on the outside
And casting a shadow on the inside

As time slowly ticked past
The darkness inched closer and closer
Spreading its shadows across the land
My inner self comes alive

As much as I struggle and curl underneath the blanket
My fears come alive, and slowly engulf me from the inside
And tear up the mask that I so successfully put on during the day

Surrounded by many
Yet isolated and alone
I try to reach out to people
But succeed in grasping just empty air

Struggling to keep my sanity
I plunge myself into darkness
For its the only place to hide
To cope with all this
I give up and cry myself to sleep

It’s tiresome to want something you don’t have, and each morning
I wake with loneliness by my side, each day I walk with it’s presence
In my footsteps, each night it lies hand in hand with my insomnia

Perhaps I have become invisible !
Or have I become just an figment of imagination ?
They cried on my shoulders and I soaked up their tears
Asking for nothing in return, but when I needed someone
Where did they all go ?

No comments: